Great Start Collaborative Partner Spotlight – Grand Rapids Children’s Museum
March 3, 2023
What programs do you offer for young children and their families?
- The Grand Rapids Children’s Museum (GRCM) is 2 floors of hands-on interactive exhibits and daily drop-in programs. GRCM celebrates childhood and the joy of learning by providing an interactive, hands-on environment that inspires learning and encourages discovery and learning through play. Children direct their own learning with 2 floors of hands-on interactive exhibits where they play with slippery bubbles, study a live beehive, learn the magic of mirrors and more. GRCM is an environment for play, advocates for the value of play, and builds minds through play. GRCM has been a playful destination in downtown Grand Rapids, MI for over 25 years and 2 million guests!
How do families enroll in your programs?
- All daily drop-in programs are included with regular museum admission. GRCM is open Tuesdays for members from 9am-noon and to the public from noon-4pm. The museum is open to the public Thursday from noon-7pm, Friday and Saturday from 9am-4pm, and Sunday from noon-4pm. Regular admission is $10.00 per person and $9.00 for ages 65+. Admission for teachers and active military members is $8.00. Through Museums for All, admission for EBT and WIC cardholders is $1.75 per person for up to 12 people per card. GRCM members and children under 1 are free! GRCM is a non-profit organization located at 11 Sheldon Avenue NE in downtown Grand Rapids. For more information and daily schedule of programming and events, please visit grcm.org.
How does your organization use parent voice to inform your programs?
- We welcome feedback from our community to help inform the programming we offer. We believe that play benefits everyone, including grown-ups! We pride ourselves in providing that environment that grown-ups and children can feel welcome to play, create memories, and learn together.
Are there any specific upcoming family events your organization is excited about?
- Save the date for our annual Day of Play Celebration on July 31, 2023! GRCM, in collaboration with a dedicated group of community partners, will offer creative, interactive experiences for visitors, including yard games, crafts, and bubbles! This event is free and open to the public.
What do you most appreciate about your GSC membership?
- We are so grateful to partner with local community organizations that put early childhood first as they celebrate the joy of childhood and support learning through hands-on play.